Rum Tresor Rarities with Rene van Hoven
We are Kristina Wolf and Rene van Hoven. We are Rum experts, judges and certified educators but above all Rum lovers and collectors. We share our private bottles with the audience and tell them the stories behind the label. We share the rare bottles that are no longer for sale. Rum Tresor is a journey in time. We do 2 tastings at the 6th GERMAN RUM FESTIVAL, one on Saturday and one on Sunday. The tastings in Berlin are with the older varieties. We even go back to the 1960’s, when most of us were not even born. Both with different treasures, so those who stay the whole weekend can visit them both. When we put the bottles in time line, we start in the first few years of this century and slowly go to the 90’s, 80’s, 70’s and even the 60’s of the previous century.
- Santa Teresa Selecto Venezuela, 1990’s, the original “pineapple” bottle from around 1990. This bottle (when empty) will go to the Santa Theresa museum in Venezuela. The original red box is already there.
- D. I. Marketing, Monymusk Distillery Guyana, 7 Years, bottled late 1990’s
- Secret Treasures, West IndiesRum Distillery Barbados 1986, 14 years, Bottled in 2000
- Cadenhead Green Label Demerara 25 Years, 1990’s, Guyana. This bottling from the 1990’s is part of the old (sold out) stock that Cadenhead used to have.
- Rhum Vieux de la Jamaique, 1960’s, French bottling – a rare French bottling from Jamaica
- D. I. Marketing, Diamond Distillery Guyana, 9 Years, bottled late 1990’s
- Secret Treasures, Pampero Venezuela 1992, 10 years, bottled in 2002
- Barcelo Gran Anejo Dominican Republic, A bottling from the early 1990’s
- Bally 1975, Martinique, Bottled in the early 1990’s, Rhum from the original (now dismantled) estate
- Gilles, 1960’s, French bottling, old brand that is no longer in production