Here are the answers to the most frequently asked questions about the GERMAN RUM FESTIVAL!
We have summarized all important questions with the appropriate answers to the GERMAN RUM FESTIVAL: from rehearsals to opening hours and directions to tastings, seminars and masterclasses you will find all the important information here!
At the German Rum Festival you can expect a diverse program, starting with more than 70 exhibitors with over 500 different bottlings Rum, Rhum and Cachaca to the finest cigars in the Smokers Lounge and hearty delicacies in the food court. Here is a small overview of what’s on the 9GRF:
- An exclusive 9GRF tasting glass from Stölzle – ideal for tasting spirits
- More than 400 different varieties of rum, rhum and cachaca – so that the glass also serves its purpose!
- The Glorious Seven – a total of seven free samples are included
- As every year, there are various world and european premieres of new products – but we must not reveal anything!
- You get first-hand information from manufacturers, distillers and master blenders at more than 70 stalls – there is certainly one or the other secret revealed
- 25 different seminars, tastings and master classes, led by national and international experts
- A generous catering offer for every taste awaits you in our Foodcourt
- The separate Smokers Lounge offers all friends of selected cigars exactly the right accompaniment to rum in a relaxed atmosphere
- You have the opportunity to taste all winners and participants of the German Rum Awards. These are tasted and evaluated on the days before the 9GRF by an international jury
- In 2019 there will be another exclusive German Rum Festival bottling. A single cask directly from the producer, from which you can fill your own personal bottle yourself. But it´s still a suprise what exactly it is.
- For all those who want to take their favorite rum right away, the Rum Depot Berlin is once again setting up a generous festival shop – as always there will be special fair prices.
- Last but not least important: The German Rum Festival offers a very informal and quiet atmosphere, no hectic fair routine! The perfect basis for an unforgettable weekend!
The 9th GERMAN RUM FESTIVAL will take place as usual in STATION Berlin. Also this year, we use the large, light-flooded hall 3 to bring you closer to the world of rum in a relaxed atmosphere!
Saturday 31st August 2019, 12pm to 9pm
Sunday 1st September 2019, 12pm to 7pm
GERMAN RUM FESTIVAL
Luckenwalder Straße 4-6
10963 Berlin Kreuzberg
The best way to reach us is by public transport. The underground station Gleisdreieck is only a 2-minute walk away and offers good connections with the U1 and U2. If you do not want to give up your car, you can safely park it in the parking garage at the Gleisdreieck. Access is via Schöneberger Straße.
Each visitor receives not only his own tasting glass, but also a total of seven vouchers for free tasting at different stands. Each additional sample must be paid at the stands usually themselves. Exhibitors are required to sell the samples at reasonable prices so that they do not ruin the planned holiday or shopping list for the Christmas gifts.
For all those who are thirsty for knowledge, in 2019 there are again various expert-led seminars, tastings and masterclasses. So that you can enjoy these undisturbed and get all the informations, we have set up two separate tasting areas. And also in front of the stage there will be different topics to discuss. There we have a special headphone system in use, so that in the noise of the festival no exciting information is lost.
So that every visitor and speaker can concentrate on the tastings, an employee team in the background is constantly working to provide you with fresh glasses and rum. The team also ensures that the tastings are not overcrowded, as there are only a limited number of 60 seats per tasting room and theme.
The tickets are available in two different options. Option I: For the very impatient we will provide 50% of the ticket contingent in advance in a separate online shop for booking. There are costs of € 5.00 per ordered ticket. For this you have a guaranteed seat in the tasting of your choice. You can find more information on our Facebookpage or in the Newsarea!
If you prefer to trust in your luck, you can also choose the second option: The rest of the contingent will be handed out free of charge at the information section of the German Rum Festival one hour before the tasting begins. It is worth to be fast, because the coveted cards are quickly out of stock, as experience shows.
The exact tasting plan and related topics are not 100 percent fixed yet, but will be released as soon as possible. Stay tuned!
We know from experience that it does not just need good rum for a successful festival. Therefore, the free supply of drinking water is constantly guaranteed. And also for the physical well-being is provided, our Foodcourt has always the appropriate basis!
You have found your favorite rum and want to take it with you? The Rum Depot Berlin has it!As a long-time partner of the German Rum Festival, a very own shop will be set up in 2019 with (almost) all presented rums. The expert team is happy to help! At this point we say thank you for the many years of support to the team of Rum Depot!
Basically, the entrance to the festival is only allowed to people over the age of 18 years. To be safe we rather control your ID once more, most of the rum lovers look so younger than they are!
If you want to bring dogs or other pets to the German Rum Festival, we can only advise against it. Experience has shown that the festival is very well attended, and that usually means enormous stress and excitement for the animals. Do yourself and the animals a favor and let them sleep in peace on the sofa or in the basket at home while exploring the world of liquid gold.