FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions - 8GRFHere you find the answers to the most asked questions about the GERMAN RUM FESTIVAL
What is included in the ticket price?
- An exclusive 8GRF tasting glass by Stölzle – ideal for sampling spirits
- More than 400 different kinds of rum, rhum and cachaça – so you can put that glass to good use!
- The glorious seven – a total of seven free samples are included, chosen by organizer and German Rum Ambassador Dirk Becker
- Like every year, several different new products will make their European or even world debut – however, we have to keep them secret for now!
- First-hand information from producers, distillers and master blenders at more than 60 stands – where you’ll find out a few secrets
- 25 different seminars, tastings and master classes lead by national and international experts (more about this in the next item)
- Generous catering for everyone’s taste at our food court
- A separate smokers’ lounge where lovers of fine cigars can find the perfect accompaniment to rum in a relaxed atmosphere
- Internationally awarded barkeepers who will demonstrate at our “Bar@Home“ how easy it is to create the perfect cocktail with your favorite rum… without having to turn your house upside down
- You’ll have the opportunity to sample all participating and winning products of the German Rum Awards. These are tasted and rated by an international jury during the days leading up to the 8GRF
- For 2018, there will be another exclusive German Rum Festival bottling: a single barrel straight from the producer, from which you can fill your own, personal bottle. What exactly this will be? We can’t tell you for now, but it’ll be a surprise
- For those of you who want to take their favorite rum home right away, the Rum Depot Berlin will once again set up a generous festival shop. As usual, one or more will be available at a special festival price
- Last, but certainly not least: the German Rum Festival provides a very laidback and mellow atmosphere – not the usual hectic trade fair rush! The perfect foundation for an unforgettable weekend!
When and where is the German Rum Festival taking place?
Saturday, October 13, 2018, 12:00 to 9:00 PM
Sunday, October 14, 2018, 12:00 to 7:00 PM
GERMAN RUM FESTIVAL
Luckenwalder Straße 4-6
10963 Berlin Kreuzberg
The best way to reach the event location is with public transportation. The subway stop Gleisdreieck is only 2 minutes walking distance and can be reached with both the U1 and U2 subway lines. If you absolutely need to take your car, you may park safely in the garage at Gleisdreieck. The entrance is through Schöneberger Straße.
Do I have to pay for rum samples?
Everything you need to know about tastings, seminars and master classes
In order for both visitors and speakers to be able to focus on the tastings, we have a small team working in the background that will provide everyone with clean glasses and fresh supplies of rum. The team will also ensure that the tastings aren’t overbooked, as there is a limited number of 60 seats per tasting room and topic.
The tickets can be received in two different ways. Option I: for the impatient among you, we will offer 50% of all available tickets in a separate online shop. This will add an extra charge of 5.00 € per ordered ticket, but it’ll guarantee you a seat in the tasting of your choice. You can find out about when and where exactly this presale will start on our Facebook page, or in our news section on this website!
If you’re feeling lucky, you can choose option II: the remaining tickets will be handed out at the info area of the German Rum Festival an hour before each tasting begins, without any extra charge. It’s important to act fast here – our experience has been that these highly popular tickets go pretty quickly.
The exact tasting plan and its various topics aren’t a 100% written in stone yet, but we will publish them as soon as possible. Please stay tuned!
Food & Drink!
Is there a festival shop?
May I bring children or pets to the German Rum Festival?
If you want to bring dogs or other pets to the festival, we would highly recommend not to do so. The festival is a lively event with many visitors, which mostly means unnecessary stress and excitement for your furry friend. Do them a favor and leave them to sleep on the couch or in their bed while you discover the world of liquid gold.